Sunday, February 12, 2012

Warning: Graphic Photos

Three days after surgery the big reveal...oh my gosh...that is ugly. As you can see from the photos the doctor did two incisions per foot. The one between my toes was to release the ligaments and tendons. The larger one on the outside of the feet he cut out some of the bunion and put in a screw or two to straighten the great toe.  When he talked to me after the surgery he said the tendons were very tight so the wrapping will be very important. 
The pain wasn't as bad as I expected on day three.  I also met a woman who had the surgery 18 days before and she was very happy with the surgery and her mobility.  I took that to mean she was walking and doing great.  So on day four I went for a short walk...big mistake. 
Today when I went in for another check my foot was more swollen and the doctor told me maybe I shouldn't be walking so much.
So I will be laying with my feet up for a few more days. Oh and I ran into that woman again and got some clarification. She was in bed with her feet up for 10 days before walking much. Now she tells me. 









1 comment:

  1. Yes, if I remember right the first two days were so painful I didn't want the slightest movement but after that, every day gets better.

    ReplyDelete