Friday, February 3, 2012

Ugly Feet

I am the girl with ugly feet, that's what I've always thought.  Even when I was wearing those rubber capped keds, I was the girl with ugly feet.  It was a congenital thing I'd inherited from my mom, lucky me.
No hot shoes, no walking in pumps, no dancing till dawn. Well, maybe not dancing had more to do with being a dork than anything else.  
During my ten year career as a reporter my feet hurt everyday. 

Back in 2005 I went to Japan with my 80 year old mom, my twin sister, and my wonderful daughter Amanda.  We were trudging up a hill and my formerly bunion baring mom and sister were striding up like it was nothing, while I was walking like a crippled old woman. They had both had their bunions removed and feet repaired. They all have black shoes and I, I'm the one with the sneakers, BIG FAIL.



So finally after 50 years of hiding my feet, wearing boring shoes, and fighting my aching feet I am doing it. Sunday we're  heading to Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok, Thailand for a bi-lateral bunion removal. Yay!  I first heard about the hospital and medical tourism on 60 Minutes...take a look.

So stick with me as I chronicle our adventure in medical tourism. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Hope your medical tourism is successful and that you enjoy Thailand. It's one of my favorite countries. If you get a chance, travel to Chiang Mai and stay at the Baan Orapin. Great place. Just down the road from there is a tea house where you can get "high tea". Wonderful. Would love to sit and visit with you again someday. Nell

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Keep me posted. Love you, Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is really helpful to deliver updated educational affairs over internet which is really appraisable. I found one successful example of this truth through this blog. I am going to use such information now.
    รองเท้า เพื่อ สุขภาพ ผู้หญิง

    ReplyDelete